Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pack Rat 365 Catch Up - Day 5 & 6!

Days 5 and 6 both done, just took some getting around to post them!

Day 5 - Make something from a collection.
Hah! What don't I collect - this is a pack rat project after all!  I looked all around for one certain collection to inspire something creative, but nothing that would be super easy to create from.   I wanted to challenge myself a little.  Tucked in a little dish on a desk is part of my collection of old coins.  I have all sorts of old change - like wheat pennies and such.  I took up a handful and decided to make something with them.

The old coin rainbow! Why look to the end of it, when the treasure is right there?

Next up - Friday - Day 6.

Make something from a stencil. 

First I had to make myself a stencil.  I have some, but I thought about carving out my own. 
I sketched out a star and carved it out with my x-acto (and managed not to hurt myself in the process - yay!)

But what to do with the stencil?  My mission was clear....

I used my "Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist" to spray through the stencil at random spots on the card. I let the ink fall wherever, and didn't really try to be too precise with it.  Overall, the card came out beautiful I think.  I kind of like the randomness of it.

So that's it for those two days.  Days 7 & 8 will be posted later tonight!
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment