Saturday, March 2, 2013

Back to Pack Rat 365 - Day 7!

So I had a lot of catching up to do and a long week full of busy.  I made the executive decision to re-start today.  Day 7!

Today's challenge was to transform an old book.  Since I have an overwhelming amount of composition notebooks that I use for various journaling purposes - I decided to transform one into something more fun - and also so I won't have to look inside each one to figure out the one I'm looking for in a sea of black and white marble.

Before:
My tools: scissors, paper trimmer, paper, ribbons, stickers, mod podge and the plain looking notebook just screaming for a makeover.  I cut some paper to fit the front cover, added some accents, and also some ribbon attached to the back so I could tie the book together. 

The finished product:

I love this book now!  

And what did I use that was a pack-rat item?  Well I've had the scrapbook items for about six months now...so I'm glad I started actually using them.  That ribbon you see?  I salvaged it last year from an Ann Taylor shopping bag (that wasn't even mine either...free ribbon is some of the best ribbon!) Again - let's not talk about how many composition notebooks I have floating around the house.  Perhaps I can get them all customized so I can distinguish them from one another and put them to use more often! 

See you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment