Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pack Rat 365 - Day 3!

I'll admit - so far this hasn't been too tough.  The guidelines have been easy enough to follow...until today.

Make something from paper - no glue, scissors or writing anything on it.  Part one - easy! I love all sorts of paper crafts....but what?? No glue! No scissors! No writing!

I picked out a small piece of handmade paper first to think of something creative I could make with it.  But what about the pack rat part? Then a little idea crept in.

I collect pens.  Not the nice pens you buy as a souvenir (well I have those too).  I somehow carry pens off from everywhere - work, stores, you name it!  I chose to spruce one up a little bit with this piece of paper.

First I rolled up the paper and put it inside the top end of the pen.  I left about two inches of paper sticking out and ripped strips of the paper down to the end of the pen.  After that process was finished, I curled a few by rolling them around a pencil.  


Now there's a less boring looking pen in my collection!  Just imagine what I could do with some glue and scissors! More on the way tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment