Monday, February 18, 2013

Treasure of the Week!

Resuming with the Treasure of the Week, I go back to the first time I ever bought something on Etsy.

 I had heard of the website, but never felt the need to check it out - let alone buy something.  I always found what I needed in (gasp) retail stores and rarely bought anything from crafters or even small businesses.  Sure there were a few places I frequented, but I often opted for the cheaper places in lieu of buying local and/or handmade.

Fast forward to when I decided to buy an e-reader tablet.  I prefer the standard paper version of books, but I figured this would be fun for travel and taking as many books as I wanted on a trip.  I bought one as a gift to myself and loved it. But then the problem hit....I needed a cover.

Not just any cover mind you, I had to have one that looked neat and kept the e-reader safe - as I have a nasty habit of dropping things that are easily broken.  I looked in all kinds of stores.  Most covers either didn't catch my eye or carried a price tag too close to that of the e-reader. Yikes!

I looked around on Etsy.  There were tons! All handmade, with reasonable prices that didn't make me regret buying the e-reader in the first place! Then, I found it!


I love anything with owls. I messaged the seller to ask if it could be customized for the e-reader I had bought - no problem! I clicked on buy and couldn't wait to get the cover! The package arrived soon and I couldn't be happier! And, yes, I have dropped it on more than one occasion - the e-reader lives!

So, need an e-reader cover? Or perhaps something else? I suggest you check out Arelel Designs on Etsy!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ArelelDesigns

And please give a like on Facebook here! 

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ArelelDesigns

Enjoy! See you next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment