Sunday, February 17, 2013

New Project!

Today at Ok, Millie - actually this weekend - I decided to start the 365 Project.  Sometimes, and lately more than not, I've been in a creative rut.  Here's hoping this challenge pulls me out of it and perhaps you will try it too!

For information on the "Make Something 365" Project - check out this blog.
http://makesomething365.blogspot.com/

The premise is to make something every day for a year, using a consistent medium or subject.
In the grand tradition of my grandparents and how I inherited this tendency - I am going to call my project....
"Pack Rat 365".

I, like my grandparents, like to collect things.  The things that you would say "oh someday this might be useful" or "I could use this in a craft....someday....".  The sad thing is that they never seem to get used.  So, I decided that my medium would be the things I collect that would otherwise be thrown out in the trash (or recycled).

Today begins the project.  Day one.....
Today I picked out an old Kat Von D eyeshadow box I had saved.  I really liked the designs on the front and figured I could use them as an embellishment in my crafting at some point. I already had the glass cabochon.

I punched a circle out of the box, and glued it to the cabochon using some Diamond Glaze.  I cut and sanded around the edges so there wasn't any cardboard poking out.  Super easy.  To finish up, I used some E-6000 to glue a bail on the back to make a pendant.  Here's the finished product! 

Day One - complete.  Pack Rat pendant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment