Monday, February 18, 2013

Pack Rat 365 - Day 2!

Day Two!

Today's project - transform yet another collected item into something that I will actually use!

The goal for this project was to make something inspired by my favorite animal.  Anyone will tell you that I really have no favorite animal.  Too many to mention.  But there is one that I have a certain liking to, enough to even use it in my roller derby moniker.  I chose to make a spider-y project!

But what did I have sitting around to re-purpose? My goal was clear. In fact, it has been sitting on the side of my craft desk since this summer at the mercy of my cats.


A cork board that has definitely seen better days.  Scratches abound on this item I snagged at a garage sale for a mere twenty-five cents.  I had to save it!  Enter some tacky glue, a foam brush and some spider print fabric that has also been sitting around for a while. 

I liberally applied glue all over the board, especially in spots where the scratches were deep. Then I placed the fabric on the board, smoothed it out and trimmed the sides with fabric scissors.  To add a little pop, I brushed some silver glitter glue around the wood frame! 

Voila! Brand new bulletin board, ready to hang up in my craft studio! I'll be back tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment